What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may reduce the surface stress of liquid and produce a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, that is utilized to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is a substance that may make its aqueous solution develop a massive level of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of a Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it also cannot become a foaming agent. Surface activity will be the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The main function of a cement foaming agent would be to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, creating the cement slurry to get a lot of pores during the construction process, thereby decreasing the density of concrete and making it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Furthermore, cement foaming agents can also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to build and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been able to meet the needs. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this problem. , a substitute for traditional insulation materials
- It is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively reduces the load of the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, while the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Improve the stability and life of the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer includes a high degree of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making certain the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. More than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, that is 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and you will see no splitting involving the layers.
- Good bonding: The material used in foamed cement is cement, which includes an exceptional bond using the upper and lower layers and definately will not cause hollowing or collapse of the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and may be combined entirely using the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: As a result of porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is a lot more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is definitely an inorganic material (cement) that fails to burn and thus has good fire resistance. When applied to buildings, it can improve the fireproof performance of the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is generated via an accumulation of complicated chain reactions. The product is a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is really not understanding of difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and fails to contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to make foamed cement has got the highlights of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly utilized in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices could be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and is made through a series of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is produced using imported advanced equipment as well as the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, audio quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. As a result of high surface strength of the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is highly stable. The bubbles of the foamed cement made with it have been in a closed state independent of every other, and there is not any link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance of the foamed cement products is very high. On the same density, in comparison with foamed cement made with plant-based foaming agents, it provides better sealing and heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are popular in the construction industry and are mainly employed to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the benefits of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They are popular in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used as building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used as building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents will also be used in the broad industry and are mainly employed to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the benefits of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and may reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used as road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used as road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents will also be used in the bridge industry, mainly employed to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the benefits of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which could detect the weight of the bridge and extend the service life of the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used as bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is a supplier of concrete additives, that are concrete foaming agent and relative products with well over 12 years experience with nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Charge Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])